4.08.2009

#?$!

The picture quality is not great, so I will translate for all:

Topic sentence for personal narrative:  What?  Yo...yo..you mean I have cavities..ah shit.  When reading this at home I thought surely that is not what he meant to write.  The next day at school I asked the student to read it to me and without pausing he reads line exactly as it says and doesn't stop after he says it. No recognition of why I might be asking him to read it to me.  Of course, we brainstormed better words we could use.  (Good voice though, right?)
((Funny sidenote:  The mom of the student said that when she asked him where he heard this word he said, "From you mom.  Remember on the way to church last week and you slammed on the brakes in the car and the stuff from the crock pot spilled?"))
Special ed student wrote in our class blog notebook that we did a math shit (sheet).

Above are the lyrics to Bon Jovi's song Wanted Dead or Alive that a student wrote out for poetry performers this week.  (The only rules for poetry performers are that you need to have practiced your "poem" and it needs to be written so we can follow along under the document camera).  Well this student followed the rules and performed this song all alone and even included instrumental noises and echoing of back-up singer voices.  He also had his hands on his head the whole time while he rocked back and forth.
((Sidenote: Not being that familiar with the song I scanned the words later and particularly enjoy the line that says Sometimes you tell the day from the bottle that you drink.  Apologies to the mom of one of my students that reads my blog...We really don't cuss and drink all day long.))

2 comments:

Amy said...

No apology needed! This was hilarious!! I love to see what REALLY happens in class...:)

PS-I'm double checking the handwriting to make sure it's not my son......

Unknown said...

Those are hilarious!! I am so glad you blog about your entertaining days!