Student: Mrs. Carlucci where did you get your bangs?
Me: What do you mean?
Student: I mean, like, did you get them at Floyds or Cost Cutters?
*******
Me: Your lunch choices today are hamburger or hotdog.
Student: Mrs. Carlucci, is the hamburger Colorado Beef Proud Meat?
*******
The first day of school this year I had a student who could not get it together--cried off and on all day and couldn't tell me why.
Finally, this is what he confessed through tears and snot filled sniffles.
"In first grade I made a lot of bad choices and I know that you are supposed to forget about the past and focus on the future, but I can't."
A few weeks later, I was talking to the class about how when you talk about yourself all the time or only think of yourself that is called being self-centered. The same student from above piped up and said, "That is called being narcissistic."
It all came together when the mom told me later that her boyfriend is a psychologist and they are very in touch with their feelings in their home.
********
Not a kid story--just getting old story.
I went to the dermatologist a few weeks ago to get a mole on my arm checked out that was new and different from all my other moles. The dermatologist looked at it and studied it for a minute and asked casually how old I was. Almost 30, I replied. She dropped my arm and said, "Yeah, that is just an age spot. You will get more."
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
1 comment:
I love the first one..it's my fave...now..MORE BELLY PICS! Isla needs a photo shoot!!!!
Post a Comment