5.16.2016

Chicago Getaway

After we got back from spring break Brandon was itching to get away again and found some cheap tickets to Chicago for the weekend.  We invited our good friends Brian and Katie to come with us and we headed out late Friday night the first weekend in May.  It was chilly and drizzly rainy the whole time we were there, but we still did everything we wanted to do.   The best part of the trip: carrying my phone in my pocket and nothing else.  I had no responsibilities.  I am quite easy to please.  


We walked a ton each day which was nice since we ate a ton each day.  
Navy Pier. 

Portillos.  




Second City Improv Show.   Brandon volunteered us to go on stage right in the middle of the show and each comedian asked us a series of questions about our first date and then promptly and hilariously acted it out.  The made Brandon be this loud guy that shouted everything he says.  It was amazing.  

The pitcher of Long Island Ice Tea was delightful too.  



The Donald.











It was a bit cold when we weren't walking!




Sea Dog Boat Tour, finally a bit warmer!




On the last day we rented bikes and road all over Chicago.  

I love spending time with Katie! :)


It was a great trip.  Meanwhile the girls had a great time with Mema, Pepa, and Bernie Boy in Alamosa.  One day they even had THREE tea parties!  I think we spoke to them for a total of 2.2 seconds the entire time we were gone.  

No comments: