12.04.2010

Introducing Isla Paige Carlucci (i fixed the pics)

We arrived at Good Samaritan in Lafayette at 7 am prepared to go in for a 9 am c-section.  When we arrived they told us that they were ready for us and wanted to get it done just a bit earlier.   So without wasting a minute they started preparations for surgery.   My anestheologist was incredible and everything went smoothly during the c-section.   Brandon and I both thought Isla would be bald, so we were both surprised when she came out with a full head of black hair!  Since she was breech when she came out she was in a total pike position and would prefer to stay that way.  She even sucked on her toe for a minute.
















































































She weighs 6 lbs 13 oz and is 19 1/4 inches long.   She is perfect!   Here are all the pics from the day!

3 comments:

Terri said...

Ash! You don't look nervous in any of the pictures-were you? You did great! And so did Super Dad-love that photo of Brandon in his blue scrubs :) Isla's hair is amazing! I've never seen a baby who was breech-her legs look so long! Maybe she'll be a volleyball player :) Love you guys!

Kathy said...

Ashley,
Your pics are amazing~I feel like I was right there! Love the thick black hair! You did awesome! Hugs & Love to all of you!

Mackenzie Turrill said...

hi ash, isla and brandon!!!!! Can't wait to see that black haired beauty again soon!!! I am making some of your pics 'fancy' so let me know if you want me to email them!! : xoxo LOVE!