1.10.2011

memories from your first month...

*You surprised us  when you were 38 1/2 weeks along...I went to the dr. and my fluids were low, so he said, "How would you like to meet your baby tomorrow???"
*Your nicknames are squawker, ewok, love bug, and little one.  
*Sometimes we aren't sure if we aren't are raising a little girl or a horsie.
*You make so much noise at night while you are sleeping that we had to kick you out of room at one month, much sooner than I ever imagined.  But you are sleeping great and so am I!
*Your mom (me) blubbered the entire way home from the hospital with you...I was overcome by the fact that you were now "officially" part of this world and I couldn't keep you in a bubble any longer.
*You teach me everyday that I must trust God and his plan for your life and mine.
*About once every few days I tear up with how much I love you (tearing up just typing it!)
*You aren't so sure about bath time, but you like getting your hair washed.
*You love when we warm the blankets up in the dryer and you sit on daddy's lap and snuggle with him
*For the most part, you are a noisy, quick eater--you will fit right in with us!
*You look so peaceful when you are asleep (minus all the noises)!
*You konk out as soon as we are in the car
*When the nurse came to our house when you were almost 1 week old you were back to your birth weight and the nurse was shocked and impressed.
*Since you were breech your legs liked to be straight and up in the air!   We even have a pick of you sucking your toe right after birth!
*You are a trooper and love to run errands with us (most frequented places so far---the mall and different mexican restaurants)
*As of your 4th week of life you are on a good routine where you eat about every 3 hours during the day and do a 4-5 hour stretch at night and a 3-4 hour stretch after that.
*Daddy jimmy-rigged your video monitor to hang above your head so we can see you at night---it is quite ghetto looking, but I love to see you at night.
*You had an incredibly loud toot and burp in church that made lots of people look over your way!
*Your favorite place to nap is on someone.
*Daddy gets you in the morning and changes you before I feed you and right when he gets home he puts you on his lap.  He asks me to text him pictures of you throughout the day.
*You are getting big---I put you on the scale with me around 4 weeks and it said 10 lbs...although I think you are still a peanut.
*When I hold you I like to rub my face in your hair--your glorious thick dark brown hair!
*Sometimes I just look at you and think you are a little human with a little heart and little lungs and miniature body parts!
*Our favorite look you do is right after you are free from your swaddle and you stretch your arms above your head, close your eyes, raise your eye brows, pout your lips, and crinkle your forehead
*Sometimes daddy and I look at each other and say to one another, "You're just the worst." :)
*You've hung out with your friend Mia three times--I am not quite sure you really know she exists!
*You slept all thru xmas--i think it is your sleepiest day yet.
*When my friend Amy brought her 3 1/2 month old over I started to cry and said, "You mean my baby is going to be that big in 3 1/2 months???"
*Your are sooo loved by all your cousins, grandparents, aunts, and uncles....and most of all us.


No comments: