We finally took our belated 10 year anniversary trip...and finally blogging about it. This was the trip we had planned the weekend after I accepted my job so I would have worked one day and done Parent's Night and then taking the next day off. Didn't happen. So we went the end of October instead! My parents watched the girls the whole time and the girls loved it. Thanks mom and dad!!!!
I was nervous about going, we have never left the girls before but when we were initially talking about the trip I told Brandon he would just have to plan it and make me go. Deep, deep down I knew I needed a break after being pregnant, nursing, pregnant and nursing with no break and rarely missing a bed time since I nursed my girls to sleep. I am so glad we went. It was great to not be a slave to a nap/bedtime schedule & have more than functional conversations with each other (for example: are you going to the grocery store? who is putting Isla down? where are Tatum's shoes?) Let me clarify, by no means does this mean we had deep conversations instead! Just fun, playful time together and with some dear friends who we realized we have done a lot of life with. It was great. Walks/runs on the beach, LOTS of eating, shopping & nails (for the girls), boogie boarding (for the boys), bike riding, and more eating.
No comments:
Post a Comment