11.30.2013

Isla Paige is almost 3!!!!

Isla is so big in the way she communicates and relates to me, but sometimes I forget just how small she is.  I am trying to just stop and look at her more and her tiny body and remember she is so big, but still so small.
















It is OVERWHELMING to write about you as an almost 3 year old because there is soooo much to say...Daddy and I will try:

...You uses the word until in place of after or when.  It is pretty cute..."Until Tatum is done, can I play with that?"
...We play a lot of pretend and I am the daughter and you are the mommy.  You call me sweetie.
...You talk about peppers a lot.  How they are spicy.  How daddy likes them.  You even draw them.  In fact, you made a card for Auntie Tiff and it had drawings of peppers and star stickers.  When you read the card you read it like a poem..."Pepper, pepper, pepper, star, star, star.  I hope you feel better Auntie Tiff."
...You say thank you for cute things..."Thanks for washing my Bronco's jersey mom." (Which by the way would be you choice shirt everyday)
...You prayed at Thanksgiving and thanked God that Auntie Tiff's baby was in the right spot (Auntie Tiff had an early scare in her pregnancy and I told you that Auntie Tiff's baby might be in the wrong spot...Later I forgot to tell you about what the Dr. said and you, Isla, scolded me that night and said "Mom!  You never told me if Auntie Tiff's baby was in the right spot!" It was).
...You are into the phrase showing God's love and you like to point out when you are showing His love
...This summer you told me "Mom, I'm not obeying you.  This is a problem.  What are we going to do about it?"












...You can color a face with eyes, nose, mouth and ears
...You just started to love puzzles
...You adore your cousin Cole
...You love to exercise and use as you say, "Your strong legs God gave me"
...You came to my 2nd graders choir concert and told me that you couldn't wait to be on stage like that and sing and I could clap for you....You also asked if there would be tubas at the concert.
...You love to play library, restaurant, and rescue
...You are ALWAYS up for helping me with whatever I need, especially if it is for Tatum and when I say thanks Isla, you say "Sure mom.  You're welcome."
...You love "oatmilk" with sprinkles and cinnamon toast for breakfast.
...You told me the other day you can't remember the last time you were mean (you are really working hard on having kind hands and words with Lainey Bug and Tater Tot)
...You love to tell daddy what a tough girl you are and how you are a good eater and obeyer
...You think you can read and tell me that you are a great reader (You made a brand new Nursery Rhyme book you have never read before sound like real Nursery Rhymes just by "reading the pictures")
...You love the Bubble Guppies and like to dance with they sing.  You know all of their names and tell us how Deema's hair looks like cinnamon rolls.
...You love to know who is putting you down at night and want us to lay down next to you so you can tell us something and you usually talk about the Bubble Guppies, our vacation house, or other hot topics you have on your mind
...You love to be in comfy clothes and ask to stay in your jammies for 5 more minutes in the morning, wear jammies at nap time, and love your new big comfy white t-shirts
...Your favorite jammies are too small princess ones
...You cry in the morning if your hair is too crazy and in your face and ask me to fix it with a comb
...You have to call daddy Silly Billy and me Llama Drama to get us to come back into your room one more time to tickle you before you go to bed
...You love the David and Goliath story in the Bible
...Sleeping: You have to have the door open in your room now, you like me to check on you after you sleep, you still are in your crib, you still take a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon and get in bed around 8 or 830 (although you fall asleep much later) and get up at 7
...You love to be near me.  I can't go anywhere with out you.  You like to know what I am up to at all times.  It's pretty great.
...You told me Tatum was hot on your tail the other day
...You love your blankies still
...You are not a fan of coats, shoes, or underwear
...You love to get Tatum to laugh and sometimes I feel like I am hanging out with my friend when you and I are watching Tatum and giggling at what she does because you say things like "Mom we really need to get Tatum to talk." and "Look at Tatum mom.  She is such a mess maker.  She is so cute."
...You are a pleaser
...You love for daddy to announce you for a race/rodeo (see video)
...You get in hyper/ornery mode (especially with cousins) and you are mean to sissy or Lainey
...You are a one color crayon girl when you color
...You have a soft sensitive heart and love physical touch after you have disobeyed
...You always want to know what car we are going to go somewhere in.  The civic or 4 runner
...You ask if it is a Grandma day or an Amanda Day or a Mommy day all week
...You are my absolute favorite almost 3 year old and we love you so much

1 comment:

Terri said...

I love this. It's going to be such a treasure to have these posts to look back on. It's cool for me that Isla and Olivia are 1 year apart so I can glimpse the fun things in store for me :) xoxo