12.02.2013

Isla Paige is still almost 3!

I took Monday off from work (we are all still recovering from the stomach bug) and we made the day annearly birthday celebration day.  Isla has been asking to go to the library, even though, she is  not super into it when we are there, because she wanted her very own princess library card and some books about Polar Bears.   Thanks to a smart thinking friend (Amy) I took some princess stickers to the library with us and handed them to the librarian to put in Isla's card.  Afterwards we went to Sonic to get a special treat drink (strawberry limeade) and Tatum fell asleep in the car so I took Isla to a park that we always drive by, but never have been to while Tatum slept.  There was a girl there (who Isla instantly called her friend--even though the girl wasn't into Isla at all) and she asked the girl what her name was and what her brother's name was and then proceeded to tell this girl that her name was Isla, she has a sister named Tatum that is a wiggle worm and a mess maker and something else I didn't catch about the mountains and church.  Then we played at neighbor Tracey's house because we rarely get to do that anymore. When we got home right before her nap, Isla wanted to read me her Polar Bear book.  So we each grabbed a Polar Bear book and I read a page from mine and then she read a page from hers.  She did a great job making sound like a non-fiction book.  (Looking at the picture: "Some polars live in the freezing cold and smell the ice).  She also asked me today, what's the name of that girl that has my same birthday and doesn't have yummy food.  Huh????  I was stumped...Then it dawned on me.  Our compassion girl that we sponsor, Wendy, has the same birthday as her...that is how we picked her!  So funny.  It was a great day.  Back to the inevitable tomorrow...work.

(Some pics from the weekend and today.  Notice the letters Isla made with her sticky notes...I have a preschooler!!!)

 (Too cute of Tatum...)





















No comments: