Another student raises her hand: "What about Chocolate Labs?"
*********************************************************
Student: "Mrs. Carlucci, I have an eraser stuck in my ear."
Me: "What?"
Student: "I have an eraser stuck in my ear."
I quickly look and see nothing.
Me: "How do you know it is stuck in your ear?"
Student: "Well, I can't hear very well."
I look again more closely and sure enough see a pencil eraser inside her ear canal. We walk to the nurse and on the way there...
Student: "I know I didn't make a good choice Mrs. Carlucci.
(I have trained my students well, I didn't even have to say anything).
************************************************
Special Ed student pretending to use sign language to "speak" to my new student from Brazil who doesn't speak any English. After Special Ed student "signs" he looks at new student and says, "What did I just say?"
*****************************************************
After learning about tigers becoming endangered because of land development one of my girls says, "Yeah, it's just like the prairie dogs and Target. They are getting kicked out of their natural habitat because they are building a Target by my house." We went on to have a riveting discussion about the value of saving the prairie dogs or building a Target.
No comments:
Post a Comment