Sweet Tatum, you were scheduled to arrive at 930 on August 27th. The night of the 26th I was a bit bummed because I was hoping that maybe you would have let us know you were ready to arrive, but I told your Mema at this point I was just glad to get one more night of good sleep. Around 2 in the morning I got up to go to the bathroom and fell back asleep only to wake up about 15 minutes later feeling like I just peed a little bit. I thought it might be my water starting to break but since it was just a bit and we were going to go to the hospital in 5 hours anyway I would just go back to sleep. About fifteen minutes later my water broke for real and we called the kaiser nurse line and they said to come on in so they could start monitoring the baby. I showered and got ready and we got to the hospital at 415. We rested for a bit and then at 815 they took us back to start the c section. Grandma and Grandpa and me thought you would be bald, but daddy said black hair. When they popped you over the curtain so I could take a peek at you I just started laughing to see a beautiful baby girl with a full head of thick dark hair. You were given the once over by the nurses and you scored so well on all the test they do for newborns. You nursed right away and were such an easy baby right from the start. We had one scare with you at the hospital when you turned blue and stopped breathing. We grabbed the nurses right away and they basically roughed you up and you started breathing again...They just said that sometimes newborns forget to breathe. I can only say that God has given me peace about it and we were able to sleep pretty well that night and all other nights so far. Your big sister Isla Paige came to visit you and wanted to "hold baby Tatum." Her interest in you comes in short bursts but she loves to hold and kiss you. Her special treat was getting her toes painted for the first time and getting some quality time with Mema and the Carlucci boys while we stayed at the hospital. Tatum Grace you had a ton of visitors at the hospital and everyone commented on your dark hair and how much you looked like your daddy. We took you home on Wednesday....so excited to start our life as a family of four.
S






























2 comments:
Oh Ash! I am clearly teary-eyed over here. I love your first letter to you new girl and all the sweet pictures. She does resemble Brandon and even Isla Paige and is just beautiful. I imagine you are in love with both your girls and it's so special. Hang in there with those tired days and nights and the ups and downs I'm sure come with having two littles. You are an amazing and beautiful mama! xoxo
She is SO beautiful. Rae showed me some pics after she left your house on Friday! Congrats you guys!
Post a Comment