7.29.2012
I got a job!
A week and a half ago, I got a call from a principal in Aurora asking me to come and interview for an ELA teacher leader position at her school (basically because I passed my Linguistically Diverese Education test this spring and have a certain endorsement needed for the job). I went to the school (which was 40 minutes away) and loved the principal and the job description (working with ESL kids in small groups all day and coaching teachers). We had a lovely one-on-one interview for over an hour. I told her I was pregnant (it is obvious) and that I had an interview that afternoon at a Charter School and one later that week another interview with my old Asst. Principal who is know a principal at a school in Adams 12. I also told her the commute is far and I was really looking to work part-time. She told me she would call me in a few days and let me know. She called me a few hours later and asked if I would be interested in a .8 position (4 days a week). I said I would think about it, but I was on my way to my afternoon interviews. I went to the Adams 12 Charter school with a little boost in confidence knowing that I had a potential job offer even though I was 8 1/2 months pregnant. I went through their LONG interview process starting off by telling them I was due in 5 weeks and that I hoped at the end of the interview they would think I was worth it even though I was preggo. I had to do a writing prompt, teach a lesson, and then do an hour interview for a full-time 3rd grade job or a part-time 6th grade job. When the interview was done I asked specifically about the part-time 6th grade job and what that would entail. It would be a job share with Melissa (a girl in on the interview who the whole time reminded me of my nearest and dearest friend North Carolina Amy) and that she would need someone to work M, T, every other Wednesday. The EXACT days my mom can watch Isla! I was their last interview of the day and they told me they would call me the next day. They called me about 45 minutes after I got to my mom's house that night and said I could accept either job, but I could have some time to think about it. It was a Th. and I still had my last interview on the following Wednesday for a full-time 3rd grade job, not at a charter school. I said I would chat with my husband and get back to them at the beginning of the week. The principal emailed me on Saturday to see what I was thinking. I wrote her back on Sunday and told her Brandon and I talked about it we realized there was no way to make the part-time position work (charter schools pay significantly less and I wasn't going to get any maternity leave), but I was still interested in the full-time 3rd grade job. I was bummed because it seemed perfect, but it just wasn't going to happen. The principal called me on Monday to see if it would make any difference if she could try and negotiate for me to get my maternity leave paid for. I told her once again, I would chat with Brandon and let her know. Brandon said we could probably make it work, so I called her back and told her I could accept the job! She had one final approval she needed to get and then she would let me know the next day. She called me on Tuesday morning and said it all got approved and I was official!!! Ironically enough, the Aurora principal called me that afternoon and asked if I would take the job if she could make it part-time. Praise the Lord that I already accepted the job here because that would have been a tough decision to make, but in the end the charter school is about 10 minutes away from our house! I am still in total denial that I am going to teach 6th grade and even a little bit of denial that I have a job!!! It all happened very quickly and I am amazed how God worked it all out....down to the last detail of not having to pay for any daycare! Thank you Lord! Back when the whole process started I would have thought I would have had a job by the end of May, it would be in BVSD, and it would be part-time literacy or kindergarten. But here it is the end of July, I am working for a charter school in Adams 12, and I am teaching part-time 6th grade! Not what I would've imagined, but love knowing this is what God had planned all along.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congrats, Ashley! It it truly wonderful seeing Him at work, realizing His plan and timing is always right for us even when there are long periods of waiting. "..the testing of your faith produces endurance." Excited for you:-)
This is so exciting! You will love having so much time with your girls! Wish we could be closer so we could have some playdates : )
Post a Comment