1.05.2013

New Years


Mackenzie, a far better blog writer because she actually writes witty and charming paragraphs about her life, compared to my one sentence captions of pictures wrote this about our New Year's night:

Then on New Year's Eve we went to the Rio with the Carluccis! We scored an amazing OUT OF THE WAY table for the four grown up and four kids for an early dinner. The kids ran up and down the stairs that overlook the bar and the parents pieced together stories and conversation one sentence by interrupted sentence ;) I've said it before, but I'll say it again: I've never loved my friends more, than when we're doing real life parenting together...there's so much grace, so much understanding, and you're pulling on the years that you knew each other before kids to get through the "sorry I don't call back much" or "I respond to texts days after" or "I can only complete half of telling you my story because I need to make sure my daughter doesn't drop her parachute toy into the lap of that man eating dinner"...you know, stuff like that. 

I felt so cool being out on Pearl Street on New Year's Eve driving away from the restaurant. Then I looked at my clock and saw that it 7:30 pm and I remembered that I was driving a mini van. Coolness feeling gone. But it was so fun still!  

Ditto Mackenzie!  :)





1 comment:

Mackenzie Turrill said...

Love you friend...thanks for the shout out :) We had so much fun yesterday...I think Bode has a crush on Tatum. Let's foster that...xoxo (p.s. I'm still drinking my "Fancy" drink from yesterday...gotta savor it. Who knows when the next will be?!?! ;)